VISIBLE VS HIDDEN INCISIONS
As a seasoned plastic surgeon, I’ve always appreciated the art and science behind a perfect incision. It’s one of those key aspects of cosmetic surgery that many don’t think about, yet it plays a crucial role in your aesthetic outcome and recovery.
Remember, the choice between these two isn’t a one-size-fits-all. It depends on your unique needs, the specific procedure, and the surgeon’s approach.
Today, we’re diving into a crucial part of the surgical process, INCISIONS! Scroll down to learn more about Visible vs Hidden Incisions.
Sometimes necessary for comprehensive procedures, visible incisions are meticulously placed and sutured to minimize scarring.
- Allows for extensive surgical modifications.
- Can be minimized with careful suturing and post-op care.
- May be noticeable until fully healed and faded.
- Requires diligent aftercare to reduce scarring.
Tucked away within natural skin folds or areas like the hairline, these are perfect for subtle enhancements when avoiding visible scars is a top priority
- Minimizes visible scarring.
- Can allow for a subtler, more ‘natural look post-op.
- May limit the extent of the surgical modifications possible.
- Requires specialized techniques and a skilled surgeon.
In my over 25 years of practice, I’ve learned that the best outcomes arise from a personalized approach, one that balances surgical goals with aesthetic desires. That’s why it’s so important to consult with an experienced professional like Dr. Roy Kim when considering any cosmetic procedure.
Your journey to self-enhancement is a series of important decisions, and Dr. Roy Kim is here to guide you every step of the way.